Sometimes cafemom answers makes me question my...?? (Slight Strong Language) adult content

"Inner Mean Girl"
Sometimes when I log on to cafemom after a long hard day at work of doing everything I can, neglecting my family & myself for the benefit of 95 - 100 others..my nerves are frayed & my patience is low & I turn into a snarky bitch.
I look back at my Q's & A's in the morning and sometimes I feel ashamed.
How do I stop letting my frustrations and fatigue from work effect me so deeply at the end of the day? How do I leave work at work??
Also.. for any of you who I have been inappropriately mean to.. I am sorry. I will try my best to find a more positive and productive way of venting... one that is not at the expense of anyone else.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 8:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• I think today as moms we have a lot of stress. We all have our moments to and we are all human. I think that was very nice of you in what you said in your post. Just remember each day is a new day. I think you just need a big hug, so here is one from me to you!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have what I refer to as my re-entering my life, after work. I usually take a shower when I first get home and change into comfortable clothes. I like to think of it as getting the stench of the day off of me. I am in such a better mood after my shower. Its not long, maybe 5-10 minutes. I put my hair up cause I wash it in the am. It really helps me to relax...good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i totally understand. i use to work on commision in a very competative business and there was so much backstabbing and such that it was hard to leave it at work alot of the time. but i have a totally different job now and its so much easier. what i do is i ask did i do everything i needed to accomplish for the day and as long as the answer is yes then i just feel so much better. and i too take a shower and get into comfortable clothes. its like a new beginning. good luck. oh and btw we all have our inner mean girl that comes out every once in awhile.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had to learn.. Back when I was still working.. That crap from work had to stay at work. I finally acecpted that no matter how much "work" I took home: stress, frustrations, questions, etc.... It wouldn't change what was going on. When I got back at the office the next morning, no matter how angry I was at home, no matter how much I stewed, no matter how much I vented.. The same bullshit was still waiting for me the next day. All I had accomplished, was ruining my night and my husband's night to be honest.. lol (there was no CM when I left work 10 years ago. LOL So he got the brunt of it all). So, after accepting that. I just started leaving work at home. Sounds one of those easier said than done things. And it is at first. But after awhile, leaving crap at work, just becomes second nature. Once you walk out the door. that's it

I was a Social Worker/Case Manager. So yeah, stress and BS......HUGE part of the job.. LO
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you have apoligized to people,now apoligize to your family,and you probally wont feel that stressed when you get home,just a suggestion,and i pray it gets better for you and family.
    mosy

Answer by mosy at 9:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would use a journal to vent your frustrations. You can use a regular notebook or use the journal feature on CM.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can understand the stress. There have been times where i've typed in all caps swearing like a maniac at someone, but then I delete it without posting, just to get it off my chest...then I take a deep breath and type something nicer. But sometimes even then a question or an answer can be so ridiculous I say something snide to them.

but the best way to get rid of the stress of the work day so you can be in a better mood at home is to do something as soon as you get home to reduce that stress. Take 20 minutes to yourself, workout, take a shower, go for a walk, and release that stress so it doesn't get put on other people.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Use your commute home as your time to de-stress. Listen to your favorite music and sing along. Curse the people who stressed you.

Then when you get on here, remember, if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yup, I think we all have days like that. Take a deep breath and visit the pregnancy answers! LOL
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010