What is your favorite sewing machine.

I always get more responses on the questions so I am posting this here. My sewing machine broke tonight again while I was sewing my son's Halloween costume. Since we have had it fixed numerous times my dh finally told me that I could purchase another sewing machine. I am looking at another White sewing machine or possibly a Janome. Could you ladies let me know what type of machine you own and whether you like it or not.

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have a Husqvarna Viking model 350. Love it!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What brand of machine is a Janome? OK, everyone knows SINGER, BROTHER, KENMORE, what? what? What? is a Janome?
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 8:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• A Janome machine is actually manufactured by a Japanese company. I only found out about the brand myself because my Mom bought one and loves it but the model that she bought was a small fortune.
    my4kids274

Comment by my4kids274 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Also wanted to mention I had a Kenmore for years. It was great!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had an old Singer that I ran to bits...like you, I had to keep getting it serviced - the thing would freeze up on me. I had to learn to open it up and oil it regularly. I think this is a common problem with belt-driven machines. The newer ones are more reliable. I've always heard that Bernina is the best, but I only know one person who owns one (she rarely sews - I think she just got it to show off ;-)

I noticed that Nancy Z (sewing with Nancy) uses a Baby Lock, and that was good enough for me. I think more important than any particular brand is that you buy from a reliable dealer that can give you instructions on using and maintaining it, and will be available for service if you ever need it.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I have a Brother sewing/embroidery combo machine, a Singer back up machine, a vintage (don't know the brand) backup to my backup, a Janome serger, and a Brother embroidery machine. And I love them all. LOL Janome is a great brand. I have bought two machines refurbished with a warranty MUCH cheaper than retail from kenssewingcenter.com
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 2:03 AM on Oct. 5, 2010