Is chatting online considered cheating

i recently discovered that my boyfriend had been chatting online with girls that he will never met..for example they don't even live in the same country as him..he also goes as far as sneaking and buying calling cards to talk on the yahoo to one of the m...he never even mentioned that he had a child nor that i even existed..it's just an internet thing but why has he been hiding it from me . i dumped him over it because it must have been something if he had to hide it and when i asked him why he said because he knew it wasn't a good look for him...did i do the right thing or should i have just tried to work things out with him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• well damn he went as far to calling them who know's if he will go as far is buyin a plane ticket and jet over there. i think it is some form of cheating.
    Anonymous

• I think if someone is hiding something from you than that is cheating. If it was no big deal than it shouldn't be a secret. If you are in a relationship and someone is feeling guilty about something than theres your anwser
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The answer to this question depends upon the situation and the persons involved. In your case, considering your BF has been untruthful and deceitful, online chatting IS cheating in his case.

You might want to do some serious thinking about this guy. I married a guy who had a tendency to twist the truth and down right lie. I knew this before I married him. I just figured I could handle it and he'd never lie to ME. At the end of the day, my entire marriage was a lie. I wasted many years and had to endure a painful divorce.

I think everyone can be untruthful once in a while but that's much different than someone who makes it a habbit.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• No it is not cheating imo

Answer by admckenzie at 7:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think you did the right thing cause if hes willing to go that far who knows what he may have done or was going to do
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Its not cheating, but it's a huge violation of trust. You know in your heart if you did the right thing.... its not a yes no answer. If you feel this is too much for you to get past, your leaving is absolutely the right thing.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes, it's cheating. It's called an emotional affair.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you husband doesn't know about it yes. If you even think lusts over this person yes.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Not cheating. Just wrong. I wouldn't stand for it, but wouldn't call it cheating.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• its cheating...hes callin gthis girl hes chatting online...its practically a long distance thing...men like that piss me off...n it really screws with us females...like why arent we enough....truth is they are morons to not realize what they got until its gone...if youre thinking about tryin to work it out first test how bad he really wants you...if you treat him like you dont want to get back together but he persists thru time n really tries then maybe you guys can work something out...the only true test is time...not like a week...more like a few months....believe me they alway show true colors...
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 2:36 AM on Oct. 22, 2008