when did you start giving your babies juice?

do you give them regular juice but watered down or is there a special baby juice that you buy when they are ready for that?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Juice isn't needed. Baby gets the same liquids all through year one.; Breastmilk or fomrula.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I never gave my children, or my grandchildren juice until they were old enough to have orange huice from a glass at breakfast.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 12 months. Watered down(mostly water).
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 8 months 3quarters dilluted with water
    veronicamw

Answer by veronicamw at 8:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think I gave her some at about 8 months. It was regular juice, but REALLY watered down. I think it was about 80% water. She gets almost 50/50 now that she's two.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• the doctor told me to give her an ounce before she was even 4 months old because of constipation and dehydration. overall older is better because it fills there tummys and generally is high in sugar which is where watering it down comes in handy but dd loves juice and drinks almost any kind but I also go out of my way to buy suger free and v8 fusion, she is now 2 but if you think your child is ready just start small, 1 oz of juice 2 of water and use light colored juices.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• like some of the other posters said, around 8 months and watered down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I started around 2 months because they had constipation. I usually cut it 2pts water to 1pt apple juice. I still cut it at least 1/2 & 1/2 and they are 3 * 4 years... Straight juice isn't good for anyone.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 5 months for consitpation. It was only a little bit in a sippy.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i started giving my daughter juice at about 7 months to teach her how to use a sippy cup. she wasnt interested in it when it had plain water so mixed a tiny bit of juice in her water and now she can drink anything out of a sippy cup.
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010