why??? :(

my husband and i dont see eachother very often. with our work schedules and the kids its hectic and we dont cross paths often during the week. but the past 3 times ive seen him he hasnt been wearing his ring. the first time i didnt ask because i figured he went to the gym and took it off, however i did ask if he went to the gym and he said no. but i let it go after that. second time i said nothing. this time i did and im so hurt that i took mine off too. i tried to ask and he simply said "i didnt stop wearing it, dont argue about it". end of conversation. everytime i try to tell him how i feel about something im nagging or bitching. i just want to know why the hell hes not wearing them. that is a big deal to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• My heart sank for you!! I hope it is just something simple... or hope he lost it, and nothing more serious. I would take time to "see" him more during the week. It sounds like you guys need to reconnect and spend more time together :( I would start paying close attention to the way he acts, if he has his ring on, if he's being "suspicious", phone calls/texts, etc. I really hope it is just something simple for your sake!! Good Luck :)
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would automaticly suspect cheating. Sorry he won't talk to you about it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Is it possible he has to take it off for work (safety reasons)? Either way, I don't think wanting to know why is an unreasonable request. I would want to know, too. Maybe he lost it, and is afraid to tell you because he thinks he might find it?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you might want to point out that it is not on his hand therefore he is not wearing it... dismissing your feelings and trying to make you feel bad for having feelings about it is not good...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Are you sure he didn't lose it? You can ask around and see if anybody knows if he is seeing somebody else? Someone somewhere knows what really is going on.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My dh can't wear his ring at work. He used to keep it clipped on his back pack near his work station. He lost it, or it was stolen. But he was so concerned to tell me he had couldn't find it. Maybe because you don't see each other much he doesn't want to spend that time arguing. Maybe if you can plan some time off and just hang out you can discuss it calmly. Don't jump to conclusions yet.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my husband doesnt wear his either. but it doesnt bother me. he works in surgery so he really cant wear it and completely scrub in for surgery. but even in the beginning of our marriage he never really wore it either though. sometimes men have issues with us and think we are bitching or nagging because we get stuck on one subject that we really want resolved. honestly at that point i think they tune us out. i know you want be able to let it go. but im sure yall dont want to continue fighting over this and make it much worse
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When your first noticed him not wearing the ring, that would have been the time where you could have casually brought it up. Waiting or holding off on something sometimes escalated things because you have spent more time dwelling on the issue, loosing sleep over the issue or what have you. If he treats you well, loves you, respects you, I wouldn't dwell on it.
    socialworker227

Answer by socialworker227 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Maybe he lost it? If he says he didn't stop wearing it, that's the only other explanation.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• take more time off work
    mosy

Answer by mosy at 10:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010