have you had your hair done at a school?

did you like it? do go often? do you think the prices are fair?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• yeah, I went there so we did it all the time. The prices aren't too different from a mid priced salon. Just be patient, it can take longer for them to do a service. They are learning. And don't get mad if it doesn't work the first time! They learn from it, and they will make it right!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yep didn't care for it my stylist is 40 more for color and she does an amazing job it's worth it cause everytime i've gone they screw up no fun. if your gonna go ask for a senior they have more floor time, but don't expect much from them.
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 1:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Do you mean like a vocational technical school? I've done it once or twice. I liked how it turned out. The prices were awesome. I think I only paid $5-$10 for a shampoo and cut. I think highlights are like $15 or so.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 8:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My best haircust came from students I was going to school with! I usually have issues with people who have licenses-go figure...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• *haircuts
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:02 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• not since i was in beauty school..24 yrs ago!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:06 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Um where did you go? Our school was considered low cost and the lowest you'd pay for a one color highlite was $45.

The thing is, you never know what you are gonna get in or out of school. If you go to salon and a girl straight out of school is made to call her own shots and is not good at it, you could have an issue. I've also seen disasters in beauty school too! Instructors can be just as bad at calling shots. I guess I don't suggest it to those who are super picky.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would be scared to try!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:36 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• all the time when I was in school for it, lol.

Had a lot of fun too :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No but I used to go to school long time ago and its always a chance you are going to get someone not so good. For scalp teatment, deep cond. etc. some colouring its ok hopefully the teachers are watching : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010