My baby won't take any liquids!

He's 11 months old and since yesterday morning won't take his bottle, sippy, nothing. This means no formula. He'll suck on his toys and a washcloth (the only way I can get water into him) but won't have anything to do with his formula. We've always used these bottles, nipples and sippies. He used to take his bottle on his own right quick. What can I do?

rowansmum

Asked by rowansmum at 6:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First question is he sick??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 6:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• And...when my son is sick what I do if he stops drinking altogether is I offer him his drinks in my cup, which he knows is a special treat for him (he is fooled into thinking it is my drink). I don't know if that would work for you though.
    However, if he is going that long without any liquids, I would call the Dr. I'm so sorry if I am not of any help.
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 6:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• He's not showing signs. He's teething but nothing seems to be progressing
    rowansmum

Answer by rowansmum at 6:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm guessing he isn't having any or at least very few wet diapers. You need to get him to an Emergency Room FAST! Babies get dehydrated very fast and it can cause big problems! Get him to the ER and let them get some liquid in him. @ days is WAY to long for him to be not drinking anything! Go to the ER NOW!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2008