Wondering if any moms have tried IntellaGender? And if so, was it accurate?

IntellaGender is relatively new to the market, and claims to have an 82 % accuracy. IntelliGender's use is similar to that of a home pregnancy test providing results in just eight minutes. Expectant parents curious to know their Baby's gender and are too excited to wait till the 20th week to get a confirmed answer, can now through a simple home-based test ( urine sample) get a reliable insight on their baby's gender as early as the 10th week of pregnancy. I personally wouldn't rely on it, but do think it would be fun to take.

PartyInMyTummy

Asked by PartyInMyTummy at 8:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i thought it would be fun to take too. and i did with my 3rd and got boy results, but i got a bouncing baby girl! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did it as well, results said boy, but we had a beautiful girl! I suspect it tests for testosterone in the mother's urine (since the baby's urine is excreted through yours), but since women have slight levels normally (some more than others, obviously), I think it picked up on my own levels, giving an inaccurate result. Save your money.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i used it and it said i was having a girl and i did have a girl!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I used it at 10 weeks and it said Boy which was correct. I know that alot of people got wrong answers BUT if you dont use first pee of the day and follow the directions exactally then it wont be correct. Its the same way with a pregnancy test, if you dont follow the instructions then it cmay be wrong.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Okay, so here's an update: I decided to do IntellaGender when I was 10 weeks pregnant, and my results said boy. I just had my 18 week ultrasound and they are certain it is a boy!
    PartyInMyTummy

Comment by PartyInMyTummy (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2010