Whey butter during pregnancy?

I've been eating country crocks spread my whole pregnancy now I"m just curious, is it okay to eat since it doesn't say it's pasteurized. It's also says on the container made with whey (milk)... is whey somthing that is pasteurized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Whey is not ALWAYS pasteurized. It is VERY common for whey or curds or milk (just about anything dairy) to be pasteurized, especially if it is mass produced. It is safer that way. It is the safest way to non-chemically kill off unwanted germs, etc. It also keeps food fresher longer.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I would say that even though it doesn't say that it IS pateurized. I would bet that it is. Lots of things are pasteurized and they don't include it on the packaging.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i eat country crock light, most of the foods i eat including hot dogs are light and i have lost all my weight but not from just it, but by myself too.
    Anonymous