Back Labor

How do you know that your in labor when it's all in your back? My baby girl has been head down for about 2 months now. and I'm not due until November 25th but the past couple weeks i have been feeling pelvic pains and it is just at night time well it has been all day non quitting and I saw where annoymous person had posted something similar to me and i just read what people tolld her but i mean it's all just in my back lower back anyways and the pelvic aches has been all day non stop and just feeling of like she said heaviness down there. I geuss u could say i'm new at this. should i just wait for my water to break or the pains to get more intense?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had back labor with both my kids the first one was induced so i might not have known that the back pain was labor and then my 2nd one i jst recognized the pain and my doc had stripped my membraines that day so there was a chance i wud go n2 labor if u have back pain jst time it if it doesnt go away its prob not labor but i dnt remember havin pelvic aches good luck and if u dnt know if its labor it dsnt hurt 2 go ahead and go 2 the hosp oh and dnt wait 4 ur water 2 break the doctor had 2 break mine but also if this is ur 1st baby labor is usually very long so u shud make it
    Anonymous

• I had back labor with 2 of my pregnancies. You still have to go by the general rules of labor. You will still have contractions that will make your belly hard and the back pain and pelvic pressure will increase during contractions. Try walking around for a while. If the contractions get more intense, you are in labor. If the contractions stop or stay the same it is probably Braxton Hicks.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• id say your in labor,thats where i had my labor pains with my first daughter without my water ever breaking,id stay at home as long as you can stand the pains,but if you cant id go to the doctors,if their constant pains its real labor
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 7:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008