gum pain?

Anyone else have this problem? I have one tooth that hurts on and off but my gums are hurting feel very sore? Have not had this happen before is this normal?

kara3

Asked by kara3 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah but I'm not sure it has to do with the pregnancy... I would say to ask your OB when you can get your tooth filled ( if it's a cavity). There is a safe point sometime in the second trimester, and you can always go to the dentist as long as they dont do x-rays
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You need to go to the dentist, because it's probably pregnancy gingivitis. We're supposed to see the dentist every 6 months when preggo anyways, because if mom has teeth trouble, baby could be born early, or have a low birth weight. I'd definately take it seriously.
    My gums are starting to feel a bit more sensitive too, so I'm going to make an appointment soon (I'm at 12 weeks 5 days now.) and make sure everything is alright.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 10:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008