natural birth or epidural

toybar02

Asked by toybar02 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• natural birth
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm going to try to have a natural birth.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Epidural... I would never do anything else... I've had two completely pain free and restful deliveries... Due for number 3 in December, and going the same route... I see no point in pain if I don't have to go through it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• epidural
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have had one completely natural and it was WONDERFUL! I had a shot of nubain with my first, pitocin with my second and nothing with my third.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• well i had one natural birth and one epidural the natural birth i wasnt able to enjoy the birthing process i was bitter and in alot of pain and when my son finally came my first thought i was like oh good the pain is gone then but i was really able to enjoy my second sons birth and the first thought was oh wow i just brought this beautiful life into this world and really got to admire the great work i have done but please dont let anyone force you into experience it their way
    veronicamw

Answer by veronicamw at 8:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• When pregnant w/ our first, I announced to everyone that I would get an epidural during labor/delivery - any pain killer they could offer I was sure I would accept.

But then came the contractions. After several hours of laboring at home and feeling not nearly as bad as I feared, I finally allowed DH to drive me to the hospital, and found out I was already dilated to a 6. Only 2 hours later, still with no pain meds, DS was born. I was flabbergasted that I did it without any pain killers.

With my other 2, I had to be on pitocin to induce labor, but I still didn't need pain medicine. Every time I expected the worst pain of my life, but it wasn't so bad. Sure, it hurt, but not as bad or as scary as I had feared.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had medication through an IV because I couldn't have an epidural from having back surgery many years ago..so I guess it was semi-natural. lol.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 8:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• epidural
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 8:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• With my 1st born the epidural only worked on half way, my left leg was numb but nothing else. With my 2nd, I had broken back 2 years earlier and due to slipped disks the epidural wouldn't go in at all so I just had IV medicines. So I guess I also had 2 semi-natural births. lol
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010