Why do people think once you are a "grown up" you're to old for Halloween?

I've seen way to many " I have no reason to dress up" comments or "Halloween's for kids" comments on here lately...

Just cause you're a mom doesn't mean you can't get dressed up and have some fun. Even if you just hand out candy... Enjoy yourself too!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't believe that you become "too old for Halloween", but there most certainly is a time to leave the children's activities to the children.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree! You're never to old for Halloween! Holidays is about having fun! If people are to old for Halloween then the must be to old for Christmas and Easter. There is no set age for holidays. It's just funner when you're younger.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• There's no set age for a holiday - holidays are for everyone. Some activities, however, are for children - just as some activities are for adults.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 8:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i love halloween! i have a blast just getting my kids dressed up and walking the neighborhood with them. thats my idea of fun on halloween.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I dress up every year my daughter and I. I am making memories for her. She is so excited for Halloween and so am I. Just looking at her face and knowing she is having a great time her and I, it is a life time of memories for me to.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you're never too old for halloween...who do they think pays for all the decorations and costumes and candy?? a grown-up!! LOL!
    i wish my ds would dress up..he's not into costumery, and may still be afraid of 'hidden' people. idk..maybe someday...until then, if it weren't for me, there'd be no halloween at our house..well, except for the month-long scary movie lineup!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'd love to- but to just hand out candy-hubby will give me a hard time and remind me how "stupid" I'm being for dressing up! I have done it in the past. I'm 42 and dressed up every year no matter what he had to say about it -until the last 2 yrs...
    I just wish I had a party to go to or had some friends who could come over or something so I'd have a good excuse!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I absolutely LOVE Halloween, and I enjoy dressing up. Before I had my son my costumes were quite elaborate, however now I concentrate on his costumes. Last year I threw a clown hat on my head and a little clown make-up. It's fun to get into the spirit, and I would feel like I was missing out if I didn't get dressed up even just a little. It's Halloween; have fun! Even my mom (in her 60's), throws a costume together every year. You don't have to be attending a costume party in order to wear a costume. Good for you SabrinaMBowen, and keep the spirit alive!!
    PartyInMyTummy

Answer by PartyInMyTummy at 8:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Never. My hubby and I were just discussing if he is going to be home for Halloween what are we going to be, since his friend's band is playing right downt he street this year.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• *I still decorate the inside of the house though ;)... I'll never stop that!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010