HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

I TOLD MY 10 YR OLD TO PUT HER CLOTHES AWAY. SHE WAS ON THE COMPUTER AND SAID "I AM". WELL IT MUST HAVE BEEN IN VIRTUAL REALITY BECAUSE THE CLOTHES WERE STILL IN THE BAG ON THE FLOOR. I TRIED EXPLAINING TO HER THAT THE CLOTHES HAVE BEEN THERE SINCE THREE WEEKS AGO. THIS LITTLE HEFER HAD THE NERVE TO SLAM HER BEDROOM DOOR IN MY FACE. SO I WENT IN HER ROOM AND KNOCKED EVERYTHING OFF THE DRESSERS AND TOOK EVERYTHING OUT OF THE DRAWS AND MADE HER CLEAN IT UP. SINCE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO PUT AWAY ONE BAG NOW YOU HAVE MORE TO DO. HER DUMB ASS FATHER HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME I'M BLOWING IT OUT OF PROPORTION. MY FEELING IS, IF I LET HER GET AWAY WITH THAT WHAT ELSE WILL SHE DO TO DISRESPECT ME. NOW I'M READY TO PUT BOTH OF THEM OUT OF MY HOUSE. INSTEAD OF HIM TELLING OUR DAUGHTER SHE WAS WRONG; HE HAD THE NERVE TO GET AN ATTITUDE. HE LEFT TO GO TO PHILLY SO HE CAN GET SURGERY TOMORROW AND TO BE HONEST I REALLY DON'T CARE FUCKEM

roxannschild

Asked by roxannschild at 8:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• You need help! Calling your child a heffer, saying that you don't care about her "dumb ass" father who is having surgery tomorrow. You need an attitude adjustment, no wonder your poor child acts the way that she does. She gets it from YOU!
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree with you at 10 years old, you are right right right. YOU have to correct this now. I do not think the husbands use there heads. You were trying to prove a point. I would take the computer away to and anything else she loves.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You called your daughter a heifer! What kind of B**** are you? You NEVER call you're children names. You can havve simpy ground her from the computer, instead of make a big deal about it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would have felt the same but I wouldn't have had a fit on my daughter. I would have told her how disrepectful she was and yelled at the most. Don't let her see you sweat, ya know. Keep the upper hand. As for hubby, I would told him to stay out of it if he wasn't helping.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It sounds to me u may be stressed. Maybe u need a break.. for the door slamming in ur face? Take the door off the hinges then she can't slam it. When she does what u ask then yall can talk about putting the door back...
    annie197445

Answer by annie197445 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• If hubby is not on your side he should keep his mouth shut until the two of you are alone to discuss it. Throwing a fit doesn't help, but it makes you feel better for a minute. I know I always feel bad later though. You should take away the computer, since she said she was cleaning and was really on the computer. Good luck, mine is only 8 and I'm not looking forward to MORE attitude.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You are right but you are going about it the wrong way. Sit down with yourself and decide what you want her to do and develop a plan of how you will react when she doesn't do it. Get dad on board. What you did was overreact. By having a plan and sticking to it, you won't be inclined to lose control again.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• what might have been a better response is to immediately shut off the computer and ground your daughter from the computer until she takes care of the necessary chores. it's hard for children to learn unless they have consequences that match their own actions - by throwing all of her stuff that WAS put away on the floor that's not her suffering for her own actions it's her suffering for your irrational behavior. you are the parent. you need to maintain control of yourself as well as the situation as much as possible. trust me i know how frustrating ten year-old girls can be and it is easy to engage when they are so disrespectful. it is only downhill from here, sister, you have the teen years to get through and they are worse. you have got to keep yourself together - do not let her actions dictate yours. if she cannot treat the door properly, take it off - again consequences that fit the actions...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• momma, i know it upset you alot,dont say anything else about her room etc, the day will come when she need CLEAN clothes,and dont forget she will leave home one day,so take care of daddy
    mosy

Answer by mosy at 10:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would have to say you have probably gotten answers from people who don't have older kids yet or ones that have forgotten how it feels to have a kid this age. Sure you probably should have walked away, cooled off and counted to ten. But we all get swept up in the moment at times. Right now I would be pretty pissed at dh for not backing me better in front of her. That I am sure is a the biggest problem here. I would be grounding her for at least a week even after all this. And the door would come down. Kids will always test the limits and at 10 she should really know who the boss is.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010