So I have a couple...

of piercings. And I was wondering if when delivering if they are going to make me take them out or not!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Depend on where your piercings are if they are below the belt then yes they will. If they are above the belt I don't see why they would make you. If you have a c-section all jewelry comes off.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had to take out my tongue ring when I gave birth to my son, and I know a few women who have had to remove belly button piercings. That was 6 years ago though, not sure if anything has changed.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 7:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• For my c-section, EVERYTHING had to be out and during labor all that are down there will need to be removed for sure
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Ask your doctor about it. Everyone and every hospital has different rules about it. If it's genital piercings, maybe. If not, then they probably won't make you take them out.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008