moby wrap

Anyone use a moby wrap? I have a newborn that loves to lay on my chest...but I can't get anything done. If you have one do u like it? What are your favorite ways to carry your newborn?

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 8:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes I love a MOby they are awesome
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I want to get one when I have this baby, but I'm honestly not sure how they work and terrified she'll fall out... I had a "carrier" with my oldest and all he did was scream, so now I'm nervous about trying other stuff.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Awesome awesome love my moby wrap.

There are special newborn wraps that you can see on the moby website. Try different ones and see what you and your baby like. The kangaroo wrap is DH's favorite for naps. She slept in that wrap position for at least 2 months.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I am pretty short (5'1") and do not like wrap style carriers. I invested in an Ergo Carrier ($110 new, can find pretty cheap on e-bay) and I LOVE it. I went through about 4 carriers before I got one that I loved. My dd likes the Ergo the best, also.
    Check out a lactation leage meeting (or something along those lines) and you may find a mother who has a carrier you can "test out" before you buy your own- just to see if you like it before you drop a bunch of money.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Mobys are good beginner wraps because they are forgiving when you are just learning. After about 15lbs the wrap needs a bit of adjusting as you wear it because the fabric is stretchy. Go here to see different styles of wraps Read this: Frog_Flex_When_Carrying_baby_not_Crotch_Dangle to see how a baby should be positioned chest to chest or belly (baby) to back (mommy). Avoid crotch danglers like bjorns!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I loved my Moby. It only took about 3 times for me to get it right. Unlike most other wraps where you have to lean back or to the opposite side to compensate for the weight, the Moby evenly distributes the weight so you can't even tell that you are wearing a baby.

I wore DD up to about 60 lbs then she was big enough to walk on her own or be in the stroller.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2010