Can I clean Microfiber furiture with a carpet cleaning machine??

what do you think??

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think it may be too rough on the fabric depending on how stiff the bristles on the brush are...try it on an inconspicuous spot and see what happens
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have a microfiber couch and i've used my carpet cleaner tools on the back cushions before because they don't come off to be washed and it looks just fine
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I use a product called Krud Kutter. I spray it on, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then sponge it off using a rag with a bowl of warm water, and then I let it air dry. My couches come out looking just as good as they did when they were new. The cleaner is relatively inexpensive and can be found in places like Walmart and Home Depot. I pay around $5 for a bottle.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I do it all the time. Most models are designed to do furniture have the cleaner for it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I clean mine all of the time with the upholstry tools. Just try it in a small spot first and let it dry to make sure. If you have a warranty on it you may not want to though because it can void your warranty if it has specific cleaning instructions.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have microfiber furniture in my family room, and I have only used a mild dish soap and water with a lint free cloth on mine--for the past 4 years with 2 very messy boys (who were between the ages of 2 and 4 when I got the set), and the furniture still looks great! I don't think a carpet/upholstery cleaner is necessary.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think you need the machine. Try a magic eraser. Or carpet cleaner like Resolve. It should come right out.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010