3 hour layover with a 2 year old-AAAAH!!

The last time with flew, the 3 hour layover was close to a disaster. I was tired and just wanted to rest. My 2 year old, on the other hand, wanted to run around. I was totally bored out of my skull, and as far as I knew, there was no play area.

The next time we fly, our return flight will once again include that dumb 3 hour layover!! Any ideas on making it a more enjoyable time for the both of us?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Movies on a laptop. If you have an ipod put kiddie songs on it and a movie. Get the ear phones that go over the ears not in. Coloring books, crayons, little cars (i know its a girl, but she can drive them on the floor), her favorite snacks, small dollar store toys she has never played with.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 9:16 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Pack her a bookbag of things to do. Coloring, books for her age. Toys. Things to keep her busy while your waiting or on the plane.
    mommycoleyy88

Answer by mommycoleyy88 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sedatives.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We just do bathroom time, food, movie then some more bathroom time and then the time is uaully up.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• bring her things to do. toys and books and such as that.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010