Why is it fair for black people to talk about racism against them, but if a white person does the same, everyone says that they "don't have it as bad"? How the hell would anyone else know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I think that it is bad because if you are white and saying like the NiG** it is like if you were making fun of them, but its the same how would you feel if you are white and a black person calls you CR***ER. Thats is why i think its not fair.
    Anonymous

• I am not racist at all, but I do think that it's unfair for other races to be all "you white people are so racist!" even though some people of other races are racist against white people just as bad or worse sometimes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• we don't need to worrie about who is racist or not we just need to pray for them. God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I'm not saying I agree with people saying you white people... OR if People are racist against whites that is wrong!! I just think that its true that white people haven't had to endure what a lot of black, mexican, native americans have endured! There are some exceptions, I know. I'm German and Mexican by the way.
    Anonymous

• First, nothing in this world is fair. Second, it's not okay. I personally don't care what sex, race or religion you are. Life is hard. We do need to learn from the past and MOVE ON to the future. Raise each of our children THE EXACT SAME. knowing that NOONE is better or has it better. That they and they alone have the power to make their FUTURE whatever they want it to be. White privledge, black privledge, predjudice ALL of it. JMO
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• quoting Anon 4:31

You're right, other groups have endured more than whites as a GROUP. But, racism today is really individual battle.
    Anonymous

• Quoting Bonn777

When was the last time that you were called, "a lame-ass white girl" because a bunch of black people didn't like your choice of music? When was the last time that you spent 2 hours after you were supposed to get off work because a group of black adults trashed your place of employment for fun? When was the last time that you were called a racist white elitest by a black girl because you were supporting McCain? When was the last time your son went to school and was not allowed to play tag with a group of 3 black boys because he wasn't black?

This is my reality... So, let's talk racism.
    Anonymous

• I don't think being intimidated by a black person means you're racist.

I live in a very black neighborhood and have been called names while standing in my own backyard! I don't start stuff and didn't even look at the people that were just walking by the house...I was 8 months pregnant with my 2 other kids outside coloring with sidewalk chalk and was called a "F-ing Honky". Totally uncalled for. It happens to people of EVERY color and EVERY race. Not just blacks or mexicans.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anymore, whites are getting to be the minority, but whites are the only ones who are "racist." Someone should start a "white history month" or some other thing like that.

Sorry...this is a sore subject for me as well when we have so many problems with illegal immigration and things like that going on.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Also.. there is racism in every race. Some have had to deal with it longer. For some racism has cost them there life. Has it gotten better... yes. Can it get better? yes. Is it wrong? Yes.

For those who are Christians... racism is the one thing that shouldn't be an issue and we really should look past the color of skin. We are all made in God's image. We are to be followers of Christ and I don't think being racist or divided on skin color is following Christ. Heaven is going to be made up of people from every color and language. We don't have to wait until we get to heaven to come together and love beyond color.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008