do you think kids halloween cosutmes are starting to be a little risky for kids to wear?

I was looking for a costume for my daughter and saw some for a young girl but maybe 10 at most and they were ones I would think a teenager or young adult would wear.

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dunno....I was looking just this week for myself and husband (DD will be a ladybug)....I don't think it's risque just for pre-teens. My choices were: slutty nurse, slutty cop, slutty maid, slutty pirate, slutty vampire.....of course all made for women that are 85 pounds. Good luck, sister!!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes, I see them and just think how slutty I can't believe there making costumes this way for children now a day.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 9:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• not where i am from, usually you would have to make your own if you wanted something revealing for someone under 12 or so, beyond that kids wear adult costumes that look bad.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I believe so i was looking for my daughter who wears a 3t and i seen one was extremly short and had knee high socks with it. It was a candy land girl i believe but anyways they also had it in adults the exact same one i couldnt believe it i dont want my child wearing a short costume with knee high socks def. not what we had as kids. What happened to the princess and animals?
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yea I do...for the most part its usually cold on Halloween..and it seems kids costumes are getting skimpier and skimpier. Kids should be covered you know, they are kids for crying out loud..not grown ups. Heck there are some things I dont think adults should wear but thats another question lol.
    LMSalunke

Answer by LMSalunke at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my daughter is almost 17 and is disgusted at the costumes! she commented about it the other day when we were out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I see them and I avoid getting those. A little child doesn't need to be dressed to look like an adult.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i agree lil girls in general are starting to wear things i wouldn't even had thought about wearing when i was a lil teen for everyday or Halloween
    veronicamw

Answer by veronicamw at 9:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yes, I think so. I couldn't believe how many are available to these young kids.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I wouldn't know.  I've never looked at the stores for costumes.  I make my own.  I think the most revealing costume I made was for my oldest when she was 7 or 8 and wanted to be a she-devil.  It was red satin like fabric and had no sleeves.  It wasn't low cut or anything and the bottom was cut in a zig-zag (she designed it and I made it).  It had a devil tail and horns I made out of an old plastic headband.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010