Job market

What kind of jobs, do you think, are available in the USA the most, right now? Are there any that pay well enough to basically survive?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• i had a job for five years, moved and had to quit. i got another job within two weeks with a temp service. my dh worked for the same one and they offered him another job closer to home making more money. all these jobs are factory jobs. i also think there is a good market for fast food, if you're willing to work hard. you can live off of what you earn if you work full time with most any job.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm currently looking for a CT Certified K-12 Special Ed Teacher, several Special Ed Paraprofessionals and several Participant Support Specialists. Also, if the Board approves the vacancy I will be looking for an IT Tech.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think the best jobs out there are the kind you can control, like starting your own business. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 9:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• The only SAFE job there is right now according to the US COC and such is YOUR OWN SELF EMPLOYMENT, the market is becoming so competitive and cheap its nearly impossible. You need a Minimum of a BA/BS and more likely a Masters, for anything outside of your standard cahsier, fast food, waitressing, etc types of jobs that pay basically minimum wage.

I work form home PT and make a FT income here with the kids, no commute, no special clothes, lunches etc, and no daycare. My comes is nearly 4 decades old and growing stronger and stronger daily!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• In the area, I live there are more telemarketing jobs than anything. And most don't pay very well, hardly above minimum wage, not enough for a single income family to survive, that's for sure.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Heiress

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010