I applied at Hancock Fabric by my house..

I am hoping I get it but I know that its possible I wont cause I am pregnant and not alot of people want to hire pregnant women. I know its against the law for them not too but still I will be kinda crushed if I don't get it.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 9:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Were you ever hired close to your due date?
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Have you ever thought about starting your own work at home business? With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!

If not, I wish you the best of luck finding a job, I know it's tough out there!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 9:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Mary Kay is for people that have money to spend if you can't buy the product you can't sale. I was going to do it but its a waste of money for me personally
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i dont think a pregnant woman would get hired in this economy where there's like 250 people applying for 2 openings. employers can afford to be picky and they are going to pick the person with tons of fabric or craft experience, whatever they happen to need. there is a jo ann fabric opening near me and they had a job fair one day. i showed up and there were 250 people in line. i signed up and then went home for like 4 hours and went back and they still hadn't gotten to me yet. i interviewed and didnt get the job because they were only hiring 50 people for the new store. i have been looking for a job for over a year and havent found one because there are always 100 people applying for one job so u just have to get lucky i guess
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Did you have an interview yet? If you haven't, then no one is going to know you're pregnant from your job app or resume. Your best bet would be to call and follow up with the HR department.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010