Is anyone feel like your in a marriage by your self?

Is it hopeless?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Does anyone feel like you are in a marriage by yourself. ???
    Yes, and now the jerk is my EX.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope. I'm in a happy marriage. Just celebrated 5 years in August.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:20 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• it may be. i have always "carried" the emotional side of my marriages. i have always felt alone after they say i do. one became gay and had OCD, one was a mean Sopranos tough guy (but little) and this current one im separated form admitted he woudl shut me out of his thoguhts and abandoned me emotionally (all three but this one was the most abusive in all ways you can think of. mean. plus, drunk so that he was either distant out on the back deck OR followin gme around angry. i dont knwo honey. i am 40 and i am done with whayt i thought was a dream come true. i do have two wonderful gorgeous happy smart vchildren who are gifts from God so i am all right. i have learned we deserve happiness and to be CHERISHED and interested in and loved and goodness. it actually is ABUSE if someone withholds affection, approval, interest and appreciations from you. i learned that too. Call your localdomestic violence services line--theyll know
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No but we have our moments when he would rather play video games
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• silverelf---good reply. I know how that is...the witholding and everything you described and I .also, have wonderful children which is the only good thing that came from that marriage. It took a long time, many years, but I finally realized I didn't deserve that and that I was worthwhile.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I was for 11 years...Take my advice dont let it go as long as I did. Im married to an amazing man now..who even helps out with the cooking and cleaning, not only that..hes very thoughtful. It would have never occurred to my previous husband to have done anything for me. Took me a long time to relax and allow my husband now to help me out around the house cause I was so use to doing everything myself. Much less I never saw him that often due to the fact he'd rather drink and party with his friends...when u have a family at some point u need to grow up and accept responsiblities. i dont think it all lands in the moms lap because she had the kids...grrr. Thank god i no longer have this problem. i wish u much luck.
    LMSalunke

Answer by LMSalunke at 9:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I know exactly how it feels. I am in the exact same place
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 10:00 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• no,i thanx God, for the person He gave me,been through alot,its both our second marriage,and the answere is that theres always been a 3rd person in my marriage,GOD, try him and you will see your not alone in this commpanionship
    mosy

Answer by mosy at 10:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My dh has said that he sometimes feels like he has two wives because his ex hassles him so much. I am not as controlling but I am the wife now and have to remind him that we need to be on the same page in our home. Other than that he is wonderful.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2010