Do you know how to sew? How long have you been and how often do you get to do it?

I haven't sown in a few years or so..but lately have been wanting to get back into it. I took classes for it in High School.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 9:19 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have been sewing forever and forever. I sometime wonder how some women don't even know how to sew on a button. That's like not know how to boil water. You need to have the simple skills in life. Dud.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 9:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I started sewing when I was about 5. Loved it and sewed until about 28 years ago. No time now. I have sewn probably 10 times in the last 28 years. Going to sew again when I am 80. I am planning some free time then.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I have been sewing since I was a child. I had to learn to make my own clothes when I was a kid. I hate doing it now, so I try not to. But if I have to, I can

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I sew not great at it but it gets the job done. I don't use patterns, not sure if I could read one. I made my sons halloween costume one year he was mr potato head (pics on my CM home page)
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• learned in middle school and have been sewing for the last 7 years. i get to make something 2-3+ times a year.
    TiggerMom

Answer by TiggerMom at 3:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I learned when I was a child I am 50 now I don't sew as much as I would like to now probably 10 times a year
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I love to sew! I learned when I was a kid, really improved in high school when I took some more advanced classes. I sew as often as I can, but it's not nearly enough. The kids kind of put a crimp in my sewing time. I am in the middle of designing a skirt. Perhaps some day I'll have it done.
    mictamali

Answer by mictamali at 2:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2010

• I'm a sewing lover too! I started when my mom gave me a few scraps of fabric from something she was making (I think I was 4). I went from doll clothes to my clothes. Now I make garments and art quilts, as well as home dec' stuff like pillows, cushions, curtains, valances, and accessories. I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated area for my sewing and craft projects -- so I don't have to worry about pins in the carpet or bits of stuff all over the house. :-) When my kids were little, I had to slip my sewing time in while they were asleep or in school. Later, it usually meant I was making something for them, so they left me alone with my machine. Now it's one of my greatest pleasures. I especially love handwork. It either marks the end of a project, or something really creative. Yay Sewing!!!
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• I love to sew! I sew every day. I taught myself a few years ago. And apparently I am a good teacher! LOL I have a business making children's clothing and keep very busy.
    minivanmommy

Answer by minivanmommy at 2:00 AM on Oct. 5, 2010