Had to pick his drunk ass up at 1am-

My husband was off work around 9:30pm. I go to work 10:30pm.After him being an hr late I had to call in cause I can't leave without him home to be with the kids.I called his phone over and over from 10:15-11:30.He finally picked up sluring his words."I dont know where I am I want to come home" is all he would say.I called the cops thinking mabey he was hurt or wrecked,they found him sitting in the car at one of his bosses houses.They let me come pick him up.He claims he had 3 shots and 2 beers. I have not seen him as wasted as he was in a long time.Im finding it hard to beleive that he drunk only as much as he says.He drinks at least 3 beers a day so he can hold his liquer.He called his mom a bitch when she was on the phone w him and he claims he doesn't remember driving anywhere after work-he had 2 shots at his work b4 going to his bosses house.Im frustrated and pissed- any suggestions (he works at a country club).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I know one thing for sure....an alcoholic can only be helped if they want it. You really have to decide whether you can stick around to see if he decides to get it. It is really rough being married to an alcoholic. You are probably going to have to be really tough with him and probably even leave or put him out to wake him up. I wish you the best. Been there done that and never want to do it again.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Maybe he should attend an alcohol class...sounds like he may have a drinking problem :(
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• umm tell him to straighten up or he's gone? i really don't know what to tell you.. good luck..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Is this a rehearsal for the Jerry Springer SHow? Yoweeeee.
    Get him to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting and if he won't go, try an Intervention. He is clearly in trouble with alcohol. I wouldn't tolerate that at all,ever. Give him an ultimatum. That is tell him needs help.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would make him go to AA. I agree that it sounds like he has a drinking problem. When his drinking is interfering with your job, there is an issue....especially knowing that he drinks daily.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sounds like he needs a new job :(
    LMSalunke

Answer by LMSalunke at 9:31 PM on Sep. 26, 2010