OK..how do u deal with issues like this in your marriage adult content

My DH is what I would call "set in his ways". His mom spoiled him so much and now i have to pay the price. He doesnt ever pick up after himself...ever. Clothes, shoes, socks underwear all once taken off is left on the floor. Juice, milk, water, cups and everything else is left on the counter after he takes them out of the fridge. He shaves, leaves hairs in sink, he poops, leaves skid marks in toilet, he pees all over the toilet seat and just leaves it there. Soda can, beer bottles, egg shells, pizza boxes, food leftovers, cigarette butts and I can go on (believe me) are left in the SINK, where I now have to use my hands to dig out all these gross items from the sink and put in the garbage. I am SICK of it. I always talk to him about it, and he tells me Im nagging him and that he would not have "this conversation" with me right now. I am tired of being the only clean adult in this house and Im just sick of it all....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not deal with that in a marriage, child, friend, relative or otherwise. That's just gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my god i would nag him too! thats gross! i'm sorry.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sweetie, do not blame his mom, I always picked up after my kids, but when they went to live on their own they had to pick up or live in a pig sty , they chose to be clean which is what they were use to.

Answer by older at 9:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• did he do all this before you go married?? if you cant stand it... why marry him in the 1st place??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Tell him he has to shape up because he is an adult and at this point he is acting like a spoiled child. He IS> That sounds just disgusting!!! Maybe he needs some counseling? He takes this "mama's boy" stuff too far. He is just a pig.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• .my husbands not that bad but he is kinda the same way. doesnt pick up his clothes, leaves things out on the counter, I will ask him to take out the garbage and he doesn't, he doesnt do dishes or laundry. I've just learned that he is that way and most men are. I nag at him but it does no good so I just stop and do it myself. Maybe I'm more patient i don't know. I'm not saying you are this way but I've noticed a lot of married couples that forget about the "for better or worse" vow. right now it's seems you are at a "worse". I've come to the conclusion this is the way my husband is for now lol and I love him either way.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 9:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I can see where this would be an issue with his mom - really, why would you let your child get in the habit of never taking responsibility for their own messes? As for your husband, I wouldn't put up with that, it would be a marriage breaker for me. I do not enjoy cleaning and I certainly would not be doing that much of it because he was lazy. If I had to gather all of that up, it would go in his favorite chair for him to take care of.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Send him back to his mom.. Tell him when he changes his ways then he can come home!!
    annie197445

Answer by annie197445 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• stop picking up after him....let it get REALLY BAD and see what he has to say about that...im sure you have children and that may not be a real possibility but its something to think about
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• That is totally disgusting. Did he demonstrate any of this behavior while you were dating? My husband also wants you to know that your husband is not a man he is a momma's boy and it's time for him to man up and take responsibility. If he doesn't do that then I would send him packing back to his mommy and let her deal with the Frankenstein Monster she CREATED.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010