who takes care of the kids?

myself & my husband pretty farely split the resposibility of the kids...he works i stay home my "job" is to take care of kids do homework clean house cook & laundry...when hes home he helps with baths dinner & bed time....we do take turns getting up with kids most weekends....who does what in your family & do you feel its f air?? i feel i am very lucky to have a husband thats puts in as much effort as he does also he IS NOT the father of any of my children!!

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a SAHM so I take care of the little ones most of the time.  My older kids take care of themselves pretty much.  I just tell them when to clean up, take baths and when to go to bed.  I cook dinner (the kids get their own breakfast and lunch).  I don't have to worry about getting up with them...just the baby (who is 2 months) and my husband and me switch off and on who gets up at night with him as long as he didn't work a double and doesn't have to get up at 4am for work (like today).  I do most of the cleaning because no one wants to help me.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My hubs is a hands-on parent and does his fair share of parenting. I get the kids up and ready for school and drop them off at school, and I pick the middle up from school. My hubs picks the oldest up on his way home from work and when I "go to work" (I am a WAHM) it is his turn to be the parent-- and make sure homework is done, stuff gets picked up and he oversees bedtime.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:56 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• me. he helps but i do pretty much everything around the house. it helps that he cleans up after himself and is at work 55 hrs a week though. and i'm usually up before dd anyway.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• we share..i just went back to work parttime overnites..an he's out from uncontrollable diabetes..so we even it out
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM at the moment, but he's unemployed so he's a SAHD right now too... Even when we were both working though we always kinda split everything... He does the laundry, if I get it ready... I cook, & do dishes, he bathes the kids and takes them out to play... It's kinda a half and half thing...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM so I do, my hubby rarely helps even when he is home.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I worked full time nights for 13 years so the children did not have to have daycare. We would do 1 hour housework and 1 hour of yard work and then fun in the sun every summer. At 5pm dh would come home and either give or make dinner, get them ready for bed and put them to bed. I would sleep from 5pm to 10 pm get up and get ready for work. When school was in, dh would get them up, give thme breakfast and either he or I would make lunches. He would head off to work and I would take the children to school and go to bed. I would get up 5 hours later, pick up the kids, help with homework, make dinner and dh and I would get them ready for bed together. Has to be give and take when both work full time. I think in our family it was fair.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We both work..i work pt.... hubby2b takes/picks up ds from school...and i cook and clean the house...only bcuz when he does it i have to go back over it..so i prefer to leave the cleaning to me...but he mosty does the laundry which helps out alot...and we have a dish washer so its no fuss over the dishes...oh yeah he also mops all the floors.. but he doesnt like to put ds to bed...so i does that....but we take turns giving ds a bath...and now that i think about it...he helps more with ds homework then i... so we work together in taking care of ds :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:12 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Pretty much the same as us..
    He works.. Im SAHM.. DD is 4 so no homework yet.. but he helps any time I need... We both do yardwork.. i always cook..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm a SAHM so usually I do.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010