What would you do if you found out your child wasn't yours...

We're not talking about they bring the wrong baby to your room... We're talking she's 8 or 10 years old and you find out that the hospital switched them with someone elses baby...

Do you want to find the other family? Does it matter?
Is the other child "your child" any more or less than your child is?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would want to keep my kid! by 8 or 10 it doesnt matter that i didnt give birth to them, i'v raised them as my own.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• That's kinda how I feel too. BUT, I would still want to find them. I mean, at least to know they are okay. I didn't get the chance to meet my real father before he passed... I wouldn't be able to keep my own children from knowing who I was.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would want to keep the "wrong baby"... and my "real baby" too lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i would still love them like my own..no matter what my heart is of love no matter wether i carried them or not i goin to raise an nuture them like i carried them in the womb..
    i will of course tell them the situation so they will have the option of deciding how they would want to do about the situation..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would not want to disrupt his/her life, but the child I raised will always be mine and I would try to be a part of the other one.

Answer by older at 9:59 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would keep my child, but I would like to know who had the my other baby and make sure he/she had a good home.
    annie197445

Answer by annie197445 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Do you remember the case back in the 80's, where this family discovered their daughter wasn't actually theirs? She had died from some illness I think it was and found out they she had been switched. She was about 12 or 13. They looked for their real daughter, found her and tried to take her back. I don't remember how that worked out, but I know it wasn't good.

A few weeks old, it would break my heart, but I could switch back. 8-10 years old? No. I raised him, he's mine.

Thank goodness I can be 100% sure my son is mine. He looks too much like his daddy when he was a baby.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'd want to keep my child, but make sure my own was ok and be apart of his/her life. Then we'd search for the real mother of mine and hope they wouldn't fight custody because if I get to have a relationship with bio kid, so should the other parent whose missing their bio kid.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 1. There is NO deny my kid..lol... 2. A great reason to have a home birth.. (post killin' huh?)
    I would want to keep the child I raised... Find my bio child... And would hope & pray the 2 families could maybe move next to each other or something... Once I found out my blood was out there, I would not be complete without them near me..

Ive even said if DH was a sperm donor (never) it would bother me not being apart of those kids life! LOL... So Id go crazy if it was MY Bio child-caring both our blood..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 26, 2010