Fading of clothing?

I had a question for all you mommy readers :)

Ever notice that when you wash something for the 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd time, the garmet 'magically' looks different? I was wondering b.c I have noticed many of my garments fading so quickly. Ugh.

I have tried multiple detergents, even TIDE, all the same. Must be the H2O...

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 10:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i wash in cold...and turn clothes inside out...and i dont dry my jeans or tops...i heard that the dryer fades clothes as well.. so try hangin up your special clothes instead of drying them :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:24 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i agree with tez and the fact that you dont get good quality in clothes anymore
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well check the temp on your hot water heater. If it is really high, that will account for the fading
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Good idea!

I always forget to turn items inside out...I do wash in cold everytime and I try to line dry when possible. However, line drying makes them look faded at times or all smudged with lint lol Maybe if I hang them in dark spaces it would help more :)
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Could be the water. Turing them inside out & washing them in cold makes a super difference. I don't have that problem much. I mean, after a WHILE they'll start to fade, but not that quick. I like using the dryer, i will line dry things that should not go in the dryer though. Do you wash with like colors as well? That also helps a lot!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ido. I wash colors and whites seperate if that is what you mean :)

I have heard that the more you wash an item the more it tends to fade. I have some shorts I wear every week and they have faded.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010