multiple sclerosis

can someone tell me about this disease? my mom is being tested for it :(

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 10:26 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• It depends on the type. My dad has it and he has no feeling in his feet and maybe up to his knees now. He has had it my whole life. He's not able to be outside in the heat for long because he will pass out and has to be on a strict diet. The avonex medicine really has helped him. He is so much better then he used to be.

My hubbys mom just found out she has it but it's not as bad as my dad. When he first got it he was in a wheel chair but medicines are a lot better then they were 20-25 years ago.

here's the link to the MS society website. Its got a lot of good information on there

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/index.aspx
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Ya I agree with Smiley 001 answer. My mother has progressive MS, she was diagnosed in the 80s. Progressive is the worst type because she ever gets a break from it she just constantly gets worse. No medicines have slowed the disease for her. But shes a trouper and never complains. She canot handle heat and has hardley any feeling in her legs, cant stand at all, also gets nasty pains in her head & deppression. Check out the web site Smiley 001 posted. Im prayin for your mom I hope she does not have it, and if she does she and her family will make it through with lots of support.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:41 PM on Sep. 26, 2010