Is Biden having second thoughts and/or regrets about accepting the VP role?

Is anyone wondering like I am if Biden is having second thoughts or regretting his decision to be Obama's running mate? Why else would Biden come out and make such a statement about some sort of international crisis within 6 months of a new presidency? Is this a scare tactic to shift the votes one way or the other....any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No. New leaders in ALL countries are always tested in some way by others in the world. It's nothing new.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• That is my thoughts I don't think he wants to ruin his reputation if Obama gets elected. I hope he is sabatoging the election, you know he knows something.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Biden didn't like Obama before he became his running mate. He doesn't like him now, the only reason he agreed was for his own gain. And I do think he regrets it, the ticket is just a mess.
    Anonymous

• His comments lately have shown that he doesn't even know why he accepted Barrys' invite. He said during the dem debates he would NOT accept the vp....then he said Hilary would have been a better choice. Then he DOES accept. Sounds sort of like BO saying he wouldn't accept public funding, then changing his mind when it was too late for McCain to also go ahead with that funding. I'm sure we can count on BO to change his mind MANY times. As a matter of fact, I truly believe that's what he means be CHANGE. Maybe Biden now realizes Barry isn't experienced enough. Anyone who can't admit that Palin has more experience running government than BO is NOT being honest.
    gramjeanstwins

Answer by gramjeanstwins at 8:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• It's just a fact that whoever is going to be president is going to be tested within the first 6 months. With the country in shambles, and a war going on, there are going to be problems. It doesn't matter if Obama is elected or if McCain is elected. They will definitely have to prove themselves within the first few months. Please don't just quote part of what he said and try to twist the meaning of what he was saying.
    TattedMommyof2

Answer by TattedMommyof2 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just going off of the other thread where we've been talking about this, but I don't think Biden's comments are going to shift people in the direction of Obama. I doubt he's trying to sabotage his own ticket but I guess I kind of get the impression he's not happy about the VP role. In the CNN report I cited in the other thread, Biden said something at the end of his appearance about not realizing the press was there, so maybe it was just a bad slip of the tongue.

Who knows. I've already sent in my ballot for McCain.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why that posted anonymously^^^ That was me.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 8:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• He is trying to destroy things from within. I don't think he intended it that way but I think that deep down he just can't support it.
    Anonymous

• Ask Ellen Degeneres!
    Anonymous

• He doesn't want to be VP because he doesn't want to be second fiddle but he knows the only way to get his own agenda going is to ride the Obama train right now and bide his time. I don't he is intentionally setting out to sabotage the Obama/Biden ticket but he is outspoken and saying what he really feels, can't be mad at him for that. I rather hear his truth than lies!
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 9:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008