I need help in my life

About 1 year ago I divored my partner, I told my kids but I'm not sure they understand. I'm on my own for now and I'm not sure how to handle myself, I work a part time job and my kids go to dance class and soccer practice and I don't know how to balance ever thing on my own now. I'm not sure if I should let my kids stop their activities or I should get a double job. I recently made my account on Cafemom and so far it's okay. I need help and I'm confused. Any helping words or advice for me? (I might have put this in the wrong category forgive me please)

CafeChristyMom

Asked by CafeChristyMom at 10:40 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• OT - I don't think your supposed to have "Cafe" in your screen name unless you are affiliated with Cafemom.

Sorry you are going thru a tuff time. Please don't take you kids out of activities, they are so important to them! See if you can get help form other mom's with rides and stuff. Ask their father to help pay for the activities, if it's not in the divorce settlement go back to court and see if that can be amended!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Keep Their life as normal as possible.
    Wheres their dad now?
    Keizer.mommy

Answer by Keizer.mommy at 10:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• After a year you would think you would have it all figured out but, being a single mom is something that noone could ever try to figure out. Kuddos to you for doing what you do. You could get a 2nd PT job or, just one FT job with some awesome bennefits.

I would not take them out of the activities unless its driving you beankrupt or its too demanding. Maybe let them keep the activity they favor the most and continue the others next year?

Look into GOVT. assistance if you have not already. TANAF, WIC (up to age 5 for each child) and food stamps.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 10:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It takes time to figure everything out. It's not done instantly. I understand that it's still hard for you because this wasn't planned. Try to get a babysitter and go to job and family services and see what you qualify for.

Good luck girl. i've been there and i managed to feed and clothe my kids and myself on a 9/hr job
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• WTF??? Why would someone vote down this answer?? WTF is wrong with you people???? I'd have said the same thing!

OT - I don't think your supposed to have "Cafe" in your screen name unless you are affiliated with Cafemom.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Have you thought of a full-time job during school hours? If they really enjoy their extracurricular activities, don't take it away from them, it's something that they probably look forward to. See if the kids have friends with the same activities, maybe you can make a carpool, and drop kids off, or pick them up and rotate with some other moms.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:22 AM on Sep. 27, 2010