is it just me or is having guy friends wrong????

So it's bad enough i don't hang out with my friends but the only place i talk to them is at work or on dang facebook. my husband is starting to ask me all kinds of questions on who is that and how do you know them... it's as if i should have friends at all. i've ever given my husband any reason to think or feel as if i have or will cheat on him and be unfaithful in any way. so really what is the big idea.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 10:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• there's nothing wrong with having guy friends.. does he has "girl" friends? maybe he feels you're gonna do something because he wants to or is...??
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong if your SO is ok with it but i like it when we both have the same friends
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• that is the thing my husband has no friends any more cause he wanted to change his scene of ppl. and i love my friends.. and think well you chose who to hang out with and what not... but he is such a home body and i'm not and i love to get out and do things and i'd really hate for my son to end up that way to.
    Lynnsae

Comment by Lynnsae (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sounds familliar... i delt with the same thing with my ex... thats one reason he is now my ex. men have no right to say we cant have friends, or who we can have as friends! tell him that if he trusts u and cares about you that he will let u b who u r and b glad that u r his.. like my new man says... "i can do what ever i want, cuz he knows that at the end of the day, i will b with him!"
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 10:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i have male friends because i can keep it cordial. my male friends know my stance and don't try me. your hubby may have some insecurites about something completely unrelated
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with guy friends. It sounds like he is just nosy. Start asking him a lot of questions about his friends and let him see how if feels.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i dont see a problem with having male friends..nxt the ladies on fb..all my friends are ex's an males i grew up with..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:46 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It sounds like more of a problem with low self esteem on his part. If he doesn't feel good about himself, he may be projecting that onto you. My husband is/was that way. He's a homebody and expects me to fulfill him socially and then he expects me to be the same way. From my experience, you need to hold your ground now because if you give in a little... it'll only get worse... and then you'll be unhappy and not have your support network.
    inthepit

Answer by inthepit at 1:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He sound jealous & maybe insecure. I've always had guy friends & girl friends, that doesn't mean I'm sleeping with any of them.
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 1:16 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with having guy friends - I have several that I hang out with, and even more that I communicate on FB with. Ask your DH why he is uncomfortable.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010