Why did (MAN) create money??

I'm sorry but I have been thinking alot about this lately.. I mean really? Way back in the day when you wanted something you traded for it..grew food, raised animals..still do to this day in some places, and all that to get things...and some are still around. But, why a currency? It's just paper people! And, funny how that paper has so much belief in it...cause our population believes it to be the reward that we're owed for jobs, food, owning something, selling, etc...strange no? what if there was no currency anymore????

What in turn would the government put in it's place? Chickens?? Be like the pioneers were? I don't know...it just doesn't seem right that to live in this world you need some form of currency...And that paper tells you how you will live!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• money was a way to place a value upon goods and services that allowed for easier trade - easier to carry than cows, ability to exchange something that is of value to all (not everyone with a cow needs what you have to offer, but if there is a common unit of trade ability and possessions are not as big of a factor as to ability to trade - if what you have to offer isn't widely desired, it might be hard for you to get food). if people weren't so damn greedy and would give freely of themselves and their services and possessions, it wouldn't be a necessary evil... but you can read through alot of the Q&As and understand that not everyone can handle fairness, and any attempt to share services and possessions often gets labeled negatively as communism and socialism (which are actually ideologically/ideally good things but awful in practice just like money)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• And many moneys used to be gold or silver, something that was actually worth the amount placed on it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Control. Control. Control
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:52 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It was easier then dragging your goat to town everyday to trade for goods or services. It was more convenient.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Great points, I just mean in general why can't we all have the same amount of money in this life! I mean what would the higher beings...say..of us and what we've done on this earth? To have no labels, no classes in life middle class, lower class, plain ol poor. That sorta thing..and no one was richer then anyone else...we all could have the same avantages in life etc..be able to have the same needs...and no go witout!!
    logankaysmomi

Answer by logankaysmomi at 9:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• GREED. I always thought about diamonds in a similar light-Who made them the most valuable rock? They are so plain. LOL I like your question.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Control. Control. Control

I agree with this. Currency or valuables like turquoise, was to determine the higher class from the lower. Most currency was to place the picture of the ruler at that time. Very vain if you ask me.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 11:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It came about because as civilizations grew, people had to specialize. Before agriculture and civilization, people did everything for themselves and lived in small family groups. Once towns got big enough and settled enough people had to start doing just ONE thing. Instead of gathering AND hunting AND making weapons AND clothing, etc, one person took over that speciality for the whole town. For a while, bartering worked. Then the towns got bigger and bigger and more and more civilized... and a need for a means of paying for things you couldn't do/make for yourself was needed. Example: you make shoes and/or clothing. Some of your customers will have something to give you for that service (meat, weapons, etc). Others, say, the chetain, won't. So you need money in order to provide for your family.

It makes things much easier when you live in a large town instead of a small family group.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010