how did you introduce your 2nd to your 1st

I am 3 days away from my due date. Still waiting patiently as my body really is dying to have this baby. I have a 16 month old daughter who as far as I can tell even with our efforts to talk about baby is pretty much clueless as to what is going to happen here soon. Any body have this similar age gap in kids and how did you adjust your toddler who still is a bit young to understand to the new baby? i have read allot about this but would love to hear some personal stories.

bekmae777

Asked by bekmae777 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter was 20 months when she met her little brother. She was ok with him but didn't care much until she found out that he was coming home with us. Once he was home she wanted to feed him and hold him. She kept telling me "my baby"

I think your daughter will be just fine.

good luck
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• my kids are 23 months apart, so my dd was a little older, but still a toddler. We had the same reaction as Smiley, she wanted to feed brother and hold him. I bf so she would come and sit next to us and pretend to cradle her dolly in the same fashion, sweet sacred moments between a mother and her children. Your dd will be great! Its really amazing!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:01 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i have same fear my dd is 18m and her sister is due next month,im worried about her reaction 2
    mayo9mommy

Answer by mayo9mommy at 11:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2010