I dont fit in what should i do

hey Ladies, dose anyone ever feel like they are not fitting in were they live for what ever reason?
im asking because i am an African American born and raised in Chicago and i love it i am a city girl!! but me and my mom moved to ( new Mexico) in 1997 for her job well when we moved here she didn't know that there were not many black people here i am older and i want to date it's really starting to bug me because i was walking home from college last term and some person yelled out of there car window the N word and i cried all the way home. i don't know how to feel better because people out here are closed minded and they are scared of me i am only 5'1 and would never hurt anyone but i feel so alone!!! any ideas i have no clue how to fight and people are like locking there car doors when they see me what should i do?

Geunie0x1091

Asked by Geunie0x1091 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am sorry to hear about these situations. I cannot give any good advice and wish that I could. No one should be made to feel how you do- this is awful!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:51 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Some people don't think before they say something. Have you thought of taking a self defense class to ease your anxiety through this? At least you would know what to do if someone did try something.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i never thought about that maybe i should no one has ever hurt me but u never know it gotten to the point were even the cops are following me all the time and pulling me over so dumb stuff i mean my family white and even that has never been an issue but it's only been since we moved out here and i want to move cause it's getting the point were i don't even go out anymore really but i still have 2 years left in school so i cant move yet but i am so lost on how to make my self feel better
    Geunie0x1091

Comment by Geunie0x1091 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am so sorry this has happened. I would seriously think about moving. There are lists of growth cities on Yahoo today.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:27 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I grew up in Las Vegas and I loved the city. I am now in a tiny town in Southern Utah. Everyone here is mormon, and not that there's nothing wrong with that, but because i am not, no one has accepted me here. I can't get a job here because no one will hire someone they don't know from church. my husband smokes and drinks and there is nothing wrong with that, he is still a great father and doesn't smoke around our son. But because people see that, they judge us. I feel totally left out of everything and have not made a single friend since I moved here 2 years ago. I really wish I could move back ..to Vegas but my husband doesn't want to raise our son in the city... Anyways I feel for you. I'm very sorry that happened to you but I guess we just gotta keep going and hope that we will find some accepting people eventually.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2010