Are you going to get the flu shot during pregnancy?

When I was pregnant with my son four years ago my OB said I should definitely get the flu shot, and stressed the importance of it. I did. Now I'm pregnant again, and she's telling me the same thing, however this time I feel hesitant. What are your thoughts on the matter, and did you, or are you going to get the flu shot while pregnant?

PartyInMyTummy

Asked by PartyInMyTummy at 11:28 PM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm not going to get it because I'm scared of it.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:34 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Nope
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:35 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I did with my first pregnancy, but not with my second. The first time around, I felt almost pressured into it and they really made me feel stupid when I expressed my concerns. The second time around I had a different doctor and I knew well enough to make my own choices, so I said no thanks.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:52 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:54 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, I have never gotten the flu shot while pregnant. I never have even if I am not pregnant and I have never had the flu and only get sick maybe every 5-7 years with a little cold if that. I used to get sick when I was younger more often but not that much to have to worry to get the flu shot. None of my doctors while pregnant urged me to get it either. But if you do get the flu every year then it is advisable to get it.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I've only got the flu shot twice in my life, and it was for my asthma. My asthma was so bad for a few years that everytime I got sick at all, it would become out of control... So we were trying to prevent it. HOWEVER, both times I got the shot I got sick a couple weeks later, and it was worse than just the regular flu.

I felt a lot of pressure from my doctor as well, but I just said no. You know, vaccinations like flu shots (and others) can actually cause disorders in babies...Just something to think about.
    StephenieBryant

Answer by StephenieBryant at 9:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010