What will you do if your candidate loses?

Posted anonymously so no one has any preconceived notions of my own political outlook.

I have no intention of leaving the country or pushing for secession or whatever. I'll continue to do my work, raise my son, pay my taxes.

I will continue to be involved in politics at the local level and continue to be informed about the issues.

I will continue to work within the system we have.

How about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Accept the outcome, pray for the new president, and be a supportive American citizen.
    Heidi428

Answer by Heidi428 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Same here. I will be sad and very disappointed but life will go on. I hope when it is over and the hoopla is over we have a serious look at the way ACORN is run. For non partisan group they are apologetically pushing for Obama to win. Not really right. I hope his will get looked into and will be sending letters to that affect to whoever my state reps end up being....after the election. The ones in now may be lame duck and won't do anything anyway!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I will cry, rant and rave to/with my family, and then get on with life trying to make the best of things.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just as I do everyday continue to do my daily routine and just hope that whatever he promises will happen and we won't be bombarded with more terrorists attacks or sent into a deeper depression.
    Anonymous

• Start digging a bomb shelter!
    sherry729

Answer by sherry729 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I will wonder how dumb Americans can be....when they can elect a candidate on charisma alone. If you don't have the time to study each candidate based on their qualifications before choosing, then we get what's coming to us. If my candidate loses, I can truly expect to see my husband at the unemployment line...along with our sons. I can see prices skyrocket, and conditions becoming MUCH worse....while the victor sits in the White House and still blames the party before him. I can see countries looking at us with a HEAVY sense of weakness.....and don't see the attack some expect. Because they know this new president will not stand up to them. God help us....if my candidate should lose, and he probably will.....we are going to be in a huge recession. Maybe that's what good will come from it. I will still LOVE my country, be very PROUD of our military, and stay close to my God. I think we'll all need it.
    gramjeanstwins

Answer by gramjeanstwins at 8:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I definitly agree with gramjeanstwins
    Anonymous

• Move to Alaska ;) They seem to have common sense up there!
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 8:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Not much. Exercise my right to vote, call my congresspeople when I'm dissatisfied. There's not much you really can do IMO. I don't think the world's going to end with a President Obama but I'm concerned with several of the policies he's proposing.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I will work until I make $249k and then I'll take the rest of the year off.
    Anonymous