Hair Dying while pregnant?

im a natural blonde and i want to go back to my natural hair color but im afraid if i dye my hair it will harm the baby so should i wait or is it safe to do it now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't believe I would color my hair my self during pregnancy, I would talk to my doctor first and if he said ok then I would go to a hair salon and have it done and let them know I was pregnancy
    jessy9955

Answer by jessy9955 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Make sure the hair dye is ammonia free and that you color in a well ventilated area. Also make sure to use a neutral color.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:17 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• do it after the baby.. my opinion..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its fine and so is perming or relaxing your hair the chemical isnt strong enough to hurt the baby. i relax my hair and the doc said it was fine but if you are truly worried definitely call the doc to ease your mind
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 1:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think you should wait as well..
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's an Old Wives Tale that you shouldn't color your hair. Hair dye does not hurt the baby since it is going on your scalp, not ingesting it. The hair dyes are made much better than many, many years ago. I was pregnant with my 1st over 18 years ago and I colored my hair every 6 weeks with no problems whatsoever. I did it also with my 2nd and now my 3rd. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and I just colored my hair a few days ago and have again this whole pregnancy every 6-8 weeks. As long as your hair stylists know you are pregnant then you will be absolutely fine.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 3:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had my hair colored throughout my pregnancies, my OB said it was completely fine as long as I was in a ventilated area.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:50 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's completely safe. My midwife told me as long as I'm in a well air vented room I should be fine. But don't dye it every month. every 3-6 months is good.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's fine as long as you don't breathe it in.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 5:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010