How do you really feel about people smoking in cars with their kids?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:11 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I think it's f'en stupid!! One of the most ignorant things a parent can do!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It should be illegal and considered child endangerment. People who do it are selfish selfish parents...to blow poison into the faces of your children is abuse. plain and simple. I will NEVER respect a parent who does that.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:13 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think its pathetic that the government has to step in and make a law preventing this in order to protect children from their own parents. These parents should automatically realize what they're doing to their children - its been known for years that second hand smoke kills.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm a smoker and I would never smoke with any child was in my car out of respect for the chil and their health
    jessy9955

Answer by jessy9955 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think is stupid.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 12:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• it's not something that I would do well because i don't smoke, if i did i would not smoke in the car or anywhere around my children. i'll poison my own lungs not theirs, but i will not be the one to tell another parent about theirselves and their choices either
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think in California illegal but I don't know for sure. The people we are friends with that smoke - they go outside and never around the kids... and don't smoke in a car that they know a kid will eventually be in. I understand everyone is different.. but that is how our circle of friends all are when it comes to this.. It is just understood the babies come first.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its illegal here in canada to smoke in a car with anyone under the age of 16...and i am sooo glad it is!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think they are disgusting and don't deserve to be parents.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh my Gosh!! this drives me insane!! I try not to be judgmental, but you have to be some kind of stupid to do this!!! seriously, do they have no concern about what it does to their kids?! If you want to smoke, you're an adult, by all means go ahead, but your poor children aren't able to make that choice yet! and than the kids have to go to school and other places, smelling like that. that has to be embarrassing for them!! sorry... one of my biggest pet peeves!!
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2010