What kind of laundr detergent do you use for your baby clothes?

Is Dreft the only opion? I have seen a lot of new "free" detergents and wonder if these are okay too?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 12:12 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• dreft is way too expensive. i used all free and clear. u can use any detergent that says it is free and clear of scents and dyes
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I've been thinking the same thing and plan on using All Free and Clear. The cost of Dreft is ridiculous and the company should be ashamed charging that money. Like having a baby isn't expensive enough.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 2:26 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I used All free.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Unless ur baby has alergies, or skin problems, im sure u can use almost any kind, I used all different kinds and never had any problems, but with babies i would not use powder detergents, just a preference tho.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 12:15 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have always used a Dye Free and Scent Free detergent because my son has sensitive skin. You do not have to use special and extremely costly detergent. Just use your own stuff.
    If you think about it, your baby is going to be touching all the clothes and blankets and bedding from YOU and anyone else in your home so why not just use all the same detergent?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:18 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The only detergent I could use when my DD was little was All Free and Clear. Anything else she broke out from. We still use it. She's 6, and she has sensitive skin and we've never had any problems with it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We use anything now, but at the beginning we used All Free and Clear. You can use any kind though.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 12:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I use tide free or all free for clothes and country save for cloth dipes....dreft, imo is an overpriced version of tide free.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I only use Dreft unless I need to use a free and clear, like I did with my son.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• all free or dreft
    JazziesMom2010

Answer by JazziesMom2010 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 27, 2010