Going back to school...

I really want to go back to school but I dont have enough time to do whats on my plate now. I really dont think there is a "perfect" time to go back to school once you have a baby. Should I just try now? I really want to finish my education and provide the best I can for my baby. Is there an age where it will be easier to go back?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes you should. it will improve the quality of life you can offer your child, and you are a mother, you can do ANYTHING!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• you should go for it.....am 16 and am still going 2 school...plus i gruaduate in 09...so good luck...
    starz16

Answer by starz16 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I finished my last 18 credits after I had a baby. It was really hard. I would take a few credits at a time. It will take longer but its better than over extending yourself. It will be difficult but you can do it!

There is a group for moms going to school. That might be a good place for advice.

Also, just as a little hint. You have to treat school like a job. You can't go late or miss class. You should also schedule a specific day and time to do homework. Stick to a schedule. It is easy to procrastinate when you are busy.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I started going to college jan. 2007 I had my daughter Oct 2006 and it has been hard I am a single parent I work two jobs and even though its going to be kinda ruff if you take advantage of the resoruces at the school you will be fine. Just do the best you can and make sure you have a support system.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Good for you for wanting to go back! You just need to leap in and go for it. Start small with just a few hours until you get your schedule down. You'll adjust and find a routine that is right for you(maybe night classes or online classes). The longer you put it off, the harder it will be to go back. Go for it!!!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i went back to school about 6 weeks ago and my daughter is 4 months...it is definetly hard, however, she pushes me to go, i'm doing it for her! you can do it!
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My daughter is 3.5 months old and I started taking classes last fall. I took off the summer, but started again in August when my dd was 1.5 months old. This semester I am taking classes online. Find out which prerequisites you will need for your major and then take the easiest courses online first. I would stick to only 2 classes at a time. You don't want to overwhelm yourself!!! TRUST ME! Good Luck!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Hey, you can do it, I'm a singel mother, supporting my daugher with my crappy as part time job and going to HIGHSCHOOL still... You can do it.
    ;)
    shadysyrup313

Answer by shadysyrup313 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008