I am really parinid after the boys are born that I am going to be parinoid of other people thats not me or my partner holding them is this normal what do I do?

kruth03

Asked by kruth03 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes it normal..my 1st child i wouldnt even let his daddy hold him for about 1 wk..lol
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 12:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was super jealous of people holding dd after she was born. literally, it would make me cry. but I got over it in a month or so. it's just something I had to get used to. plus, your hormones go crazy after you have a baby, so that can make it hard, too. just try to breathe deep, think calming thoughts, and remember that no matter who holds them or how little they are, they know who mommy is.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• its normal to not want people to hold ur newborn. in the beginning u can just stay home a lot and only let close family over and tell them they have to wash their hands first. after that if u still dont want ppl to hold ur babies then just tell them. if u feel that strongly u just have to be strong and speak up for it. but if u like most moms, after a few months u will be praying for someone to hold ur baby jsut so u get a break for 5 minutes
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well, if you mean paranoid, I would have to say that that will subside very fast! I am sure you will get over that fear very fast. LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:42 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I felt like an absolute dragon-lady :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 8:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• paranoid! Please spell check, I ws confused for a minute there, and if you feelthat way, then so be it, there is nothing I can say to make you less anxious...LOL WOW
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I sure was as well but like someone said, you will get over that in time. They are precious bundles so of course were very protective with them always, but you won't be paranoid around the right people.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Paranoid? WHY? I had three babies. I never worried about friends and relatives holding them. Why would you worry? I don't know why you would be out in public and why any strangers would want to hold your baby---I mean, you usually don't take a new baby out anyway and I would say just stay home ....well, just don't worry so much.
    Your baby will appreciate all the love from friends and family. You can't be afraid and isolate your children.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010