what would you do if you saw a prego women smokeing?

I'd lecture her until the cops got their that i called before i approached her. It's unexceptable and sick, no way i could just walk by, i stand up for the baby and she should be thrown in jail that should be endangering a childs life.

Proverbs3127

Asked by Proverbs3127 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• <<< enough they maybe the 1 in a 100 or 1000 that get effected by it. Oh and there studies on adhd or not that advanced and still very much in the early stages that they real dont know all the causes or what increases or decreases the chance of a child getting adhd. SO WOMAN GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT IF YOUR GOING TO CALL OUT ANOTHER WOMANS FACTS. AND REMEMBER THAT THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE AND OPEN MINDED FRIENDLY PLACE. DONT LIKE THE Q THAN DONT RESPOND. BUT DONT DEGRADE THE WOMAN BECAUSE SHE FEELS SO STRONGLY ABOUT A BABYS HEALTH. FOR GODS SAKE SHE NEVER SAID ANY OF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. SO GET OVER YOUR B!TCHY IM BETTER THAN EVERYBODYS ATTITUDE CAUSE CHANCES OUR YOUR FLAWED ANY MANY WAYS MORE THAN 1!!!!!! SMILE
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 12:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Your an idiot. You called the cops on her for some thing that is not illegal and they can not do shit about except waste the tax payers money answering a call for nothing. WOW. You know what I mind my own fucking business. People like you piss me off more then any thing else. An FYI for you depending on how far along she was when she found out dr. will suggest you to cut back but not quite completely or cold turkey because that raises the chance of miscarriage to 90%. So you have no clue what her sit is. If you ask me your ass should have been arrested.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:24 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• While I agree with you in priciple and theory, unfortunately its not a crime to be a selfish stupid smoking pregnant women.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:59 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It's her business what she does to her child. Yes, it is a big deal, but unfortunately it's not illegal, and it most likely never will be. How would you enforce that?

"Excuse me, ma'am, but you're going to have to come with us."
    "Why?"
    "You're pregnant and smoking. That's illegal here."
    "I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat."

Then they take the woman in for testing and it turns out she is just fat.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:49 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• smack her...... I mean keep my mouth shut cause I take things to personally and get envolved when Its not my buisness.lol seriously Id simply say like the doctors say all the time but sarcastically.... You know smoking is bad for your health(and before walking away add) and that baby doesnt have a choice and deserves better!!!!!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 1:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• This is one example of what is wrong with the world today...People thinking that they have the right to tell others what is right and what is wrong...Now, I am not for preg woman smoking but I would not think that I have the right to tell that person what is right or wrong...I have been told by my my dr that if i slipped up while preg and smoke one it was not going to be that big of a deal...That did not give me the idea i could smoke a pack or two a day....Before someone jumps to the idea that the mother is smoking a pack or two a day you may want to consider that she could be very stress and slipped and had one....If you never been addicted to cigg then you have no idea what it is like to quit...don't think that a person has the right to critize someone when you may not know the truth....If it bothers you that much then try to get the laws changed...but don't snap to a judgement when you don't have all your facts....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 10:47 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would mind my own business. I think each to their own. I'm not gonna bash someone for smoking while they are pregnant becuase they obviously know the risks and they may have their own reasons for not quitting. For example, one of my friends smoked through her first pregnancy because her mom died, her husbands grandpa died and she was really stressed out and simply couldn't quit and her baby was still 9 lbs 11 oz. Due to having a big baby the first time, she smoked with her second too and he was also 9 lbs and some. Her children are both perfectly healthy. Not every baby comes out deformed with breathing problems when they're born due to smoking. I used to smoke and I quit when I was pregnant because I felt it was the right thing for ME to do.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We're sad? It's not our business. If I saw a woman abusing her child, then I would say something. Smoking is not illegal, pregnant or not, and there's nothing you or anything one else can do to stop them. You sound like you have control issues.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would be disgusted that she couldn't put away herself needs to help her unborn child but I'll keep my mouth shut. It's not my place to say anything. If her child is born with health problems then it's on her, and she'll probably fell like shit and blame herself.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything. Just think to myself poor baby. It's not illegal. Calling the cops for that is a waste of their time for sure.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:06 AM on Sep. 27, 2010