Hobbies I can do with my husband?

Okay..... My husband and I have been together 25 years. Our youngest is 19. I am looking for ideas on things I can go with my husband. Something that is NOT kid related, something that will help bring us back together. The way we were BEFORE kids. Any suggestions? Any and all will be greatly appreciated!!

Coastal805

Asked by Coastal805 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Coastal--I am in the same boat--same # of years:-) I would try working out--walking, weights, whatever.... I am always welcome to go work cattle--but on cold days, that isn't fun:-( We try to go to flea markets. We are just like looking at each other now and saying --now what:-) We spend a lot of time together but I sure would like something we "do" together. I enjoy exercising--he tries it about once a year. We do enjoy eating out together but that starts to show:-) So I am going to be reading what others leave for you:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• What did you do for fun before kids? Did you play cards, board games, have dinner parties, go bowling, Play pool, golf, or any sports. Try to recall what brought you together. Find something that you both enjoy. My DH and I love to go to the paint it yourself pottery places. We are both very artistic and we can sit there for hours, painting and talking. It is about spending time together having fun. Fishing is another fun hobby that we both enjoy. Sometimes ..I am most anxious to go to Bed and Breakfast's again. We loved to visit them prior to children. Just kick back, relax and have some fun. You have done your job with your children...now it is time for the two of you. Take care!

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ballroom dancing
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:38 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• how about scrap booking? it would be a lot of fun to look back and laugh about "the good ol' days" and you will also be getting all your pictures organized!
    BTW congrats on 25 years together, that is so wonderful!
    evythecute

Answer by evythecute at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My husband and I went through this. Some of our ideas were:

He could use power tools to make things out of wood that I could then paint or decorate. That didn't work for us. Didn't get off the ground due to a shortage of power tools, wood, paint and um. well. It didn't work.

Then we decided to get a fish tank. He spent $1,000 on a fishtank, made all of the decisions, shot down everything I said, wouldn't listen and killed off $200 worth of fish. We changed fish. I divorced myself from the fishtank except to yell at him to clean the damned thing. Oh, and I have to feed them because he can't seem to remember to do so.

We both ruled out gardening. We live in Texas and don't like being outside in the summer. It does improve the value of your house and it's good exercise.

We then got on home improvements. I painted a wall while he was out of town. He claims nothing needs to be fixed.

Good luck!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:55 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Why don't you two find a book that would interest both of you and read it at the same time. Then you can discuss the book together and share your thoughts and feelings of the story. That way- you both get individual time by reading, and still together time by discussing. Good luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Thank you so much all of you for posting ideas!! I am pondering over your ideas and thoughts with a bottle of Caberner Sauvignon (the last time I drank was months ago!) I thing you all have good ideas..... now to find ways to put them to use!.....

Thanks again everyone!!
    Coastal805

Answer by Coastal805 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2008