What Did You Bring To The Hospital?

When you packed your bag(s) for the hospital, what did you consider to be essential for your comfort, sanity or otherwise?

I like hearing all the things people brought, and it helps me finish packing mine, LOL!

MayhemMatriarch

Asked by MayhemMatriarch at 1:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was sure i packed everything than forgot the baby bag that had all his clothes to put on him when i bring my son home which was 9 yrs. ago
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• a cute outfit for my LO to take the 1st pic in..
    comfy robe,sleppers,
    comb,brush
    loose underear,bra
    cell phone charger
    camera
    my own soap,an rag,shampoo
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 1:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Socks, comfy slippers, Cameras, Boppy Pillow, Clothes (very comfortable ones), Personal Hygiene items including chapstick and lotion (Toothbrush, toothpaste, hair items...)Diaper bag(One undershirt, One receiving blanket, Outer blanket or snuggles with legs, A hat , pair of booties, mits or clothes with built in mits, going home outfit), Phone and charger. The first time I also had a puzzle book, a book for reading. I was very lonely, if it looks like you're going to be spending time on your own a lot you may want some things like this. A blanket for the baby, carseat, notebook, take notes about your experience your baby. Or get a Picture Frame, one with the white sheet inside that frames a photo....have visitors sign it for "Baby". Then you put a very new baby picture in it, one from when you and s/he were still at the hospital. Oh and a nursing bra, if you plan to breast feed! Rest, that's important before during and after
    Christine G.

Answer by Christine G. at 1:55 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm going to bring clothes for hubby,baby and me. Hygeine products for the both of us. Laptop and camera. Plus a baby blanket.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:00 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Comfortable socks, baggy cloths, feminie hygiene products, soap, shampoo, hairbrush, toothbrush, a camera, my purse with insurance information, pillow for DH and I, blankets for all of us including baby, our phone charges and a list of phone numbers for DH to call. A bring home baby outfit, a blanket, extra onsies, a binkie, his baby book so that they could put his footprints in there, his car seat and a diaper bag.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• undies, nursing bras, PJ's (I wound up going home in them lol), magazines (that I didn't touch), toiletries, socks, camera, video camera, chargers for camera, cell phone, and video camera. DD's bag had going home outfit and backup, a few gowns that never got used (she was tiny and they didn't fit), socks, hat, blankies, burp cloths, diapers and wipes (didn't use these, the hospital provides them), boppy pillow. I also had a change of clothes and toiletries for DH and PJ's for him so he could stay with us without smelling funky lol.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• pj's, robe,slippers,the baby's outfit to come home in, blanket, toiletries, camera, Daddy.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 5:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010