How can I reattach a panel to the footrest of my reclining sofa?

My daughter kicked off the footrest panel when trying to extend the footrest. There are 4 woodscrews that came out of the particle board panel which was held to the metal footrest frame. I tried to screw the screws back in but they just fell out again. I cannot make new holes in any other direction on the panel because the footrest won't retract into place properly. I can't use longer screws because they'll come through the front side of the footrest. Glue won't hold it in place. Help!

Angelwolf130

Asked by Angelwolf130 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They make this stuff . Wood putty. Comes in a can and tube. Get some slap it in the holes and over little area let it dry and then you should be able to screw screws back in where they were. My hubby would get fatter screws and just make the hole bigger. Lol whichever Works I guess
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks, I'll consider this a good option! I couldn't think of anything else!
    Angelwolf130

Comment by Angelwolf130 (original poster) at 2:25 AM on Sep. 27, 2010