what happens if you catch a cold right before you have your baby?

i'm going to have my baby on the 5th of october and my nose fills stuffy and throat fills sore,so whats going to happen?

mexicanmommy619

Asked by mexicanmommy619 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• What's going to happen with what? Your delivery? Nothing will change. You will just be congested. The best thing you can do is breastfeed, but it's not a bad idea to wear a mask, and to make sure to wash your hands. My mom had a really bad cold when I brought mine home, and he didn't catch it. Just be extra dilligent.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:32 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes with my delivery.i dont want my son sick,i was thinking of wearing a mask.
    mexicanmommy619

Comment by mexicanmommy619 (original poster) at 2:37 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Other than that you might have a little bit of a cold while having your baby I don't think anything. If you're wondering if they'll still deliver you, I'm pretty sure they will. It's after you have the baby they will keep taking your temp., which is standard, and if you're temp is normal then they'll let you go when it's time.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You may sneeze while you are pushing! LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:53 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nothing will happen, you'll just have a cold. It will be fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010