What does McCain have that Bush doesn't?

Okay, I have still not decided WHO I am voting for. It is so close to voting day and I am having serious thoughts about not voting at all. I am anti-Bush! I don't think I have ever liked how he handles our country. I am seeing tons of ''I support McCain'' things on here and I can't help but wonder exactly what am I missing? I am not a democrate or republican~ I am for whoever is going to better our country. So, I was wondering, exactly what could McCain offer us as the President that Bush isn't doing?

mom2threegals

Asked by mom2threegals at 8:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• well, if you don't like the way Bush ran things, i wouldn't go with McCain. he stated that he voted with bush 90% of the last 8 years.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the PP...avoid McSame!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:14 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Bush did not put anything into law that wasn't already approved by the Democratic Senate and Congress...so to blame Bush for all of America's current problems is very much being ignorant to all of the other people who help run this country.
    Anonymous

• If I were you I would research it yourself. You will more likely than not get an uneducated and prejudiced answer when asking a vast majority of people at the same time. There are a few people who can give you straight facts without being biased but there really aren't very many who can.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Bad politians are elected by Good people who don't vote! U must vote!lol! I think people on here like McCain more cos he's anti-abortion and this is :) a Mom's site so they're all pro kid! Lol! And the only diff I can see between Bush and McCain is the amount of hair on their heads! LOL hapy voting!
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 8:22 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• anonymous.. the democrats have only been the majority in congress for the last 2 years.
    what about the previous six?

but to answer the question... i would have to agree that if you are not happy with the last 8 years then you should not vote for mccain. sure, he's not bush but on policy he's nearly identical!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• The environment is something that McCain shows a lot more concern for than Bush does. McCain supports limits to greenhouse gas emissions, Bush does not for fear it would mess with the economy too much. Nuclear energy is one thing McCain wholeheartedly supports, and Bush is not jumping at. McCain does not support drilling in ANWR which puts him at odds with the Republican party in general. Healthcare is another area where they differ, Bush never wanted to offer any kind of tax credit like McCain. McCain supported the surge in Iraq before Bush was ever on board with the idea.
    Anonymous

• And unless you agree with everything the Democratic Party stands for--don't go with Obama. Because he voted with them 97% of the time.

McCain does not support all of the elements of the Bush tax policies and cuts. He also doesn't oppose government action to help stop climate change. He also, unlike Bush, wants to set a cap on carbon emissions, which will inevitably force large corporations/manufacturers to start using alternative forms of energy. That pushes for less dependence on foreign oil.

When it comes to things like detaining prisoners or interrogation tactics like waterboarding, McCain is strictly opposed to these things, whereas Bush supports them. McCain also wants to work on stabilizing Iraq, not just leaving it completely. The US has done this for years in places like Germany, Japan, and South Korea, for example. And it's worked.

Bush is really about low, low taxes. And that's pretty much it.
    Anonymous

• I think many people are antiObama rather than proMcCain. They believe he is a socialist and will move the country in that direction. I am not crazy about either of them though I am leaning McCain because I am not comfortable with the changes Obama wants to make. You probably aren't missing much.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• McCains older and more angry... those are the only differences I've found.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:18 PM on Oct. 21, 2008