Do youo make your favorite ethnic food at home and what is it? What dishes do you prepare?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 2:38 AM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Love lots of ethnic food- lived in Japan and Turkey
    I make gyoza, fried rice, oyako donburi, stuffed peppers, lasagna, stuffed shells, chicken parmesan, chicken with cashews, hot and sour soup, vegetable soba, zoro soba, paella, sweet and sour pork, pansit, beef with peppers, baklava,
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I make great emenadas, arroz con gondules, Italian eggrolls, lasagna, quesadilla pie, and greek stuffed peppers,
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:29 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I love cooking period. I make a great Chicken Curry, a fantastic Lasagna , I love make the vietnamese spring and summer rolls with the peanut dipping sauce, I love make this spanish cheese sauce (don't know the names) to go with the fried Plantains and steak and spanish rice....there is soo much I love to cook , I will be here all day listing it all
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Food is food....... i make a lot of my own food at home, from pretty much everywhere. at the moment, i'm having a vietnamese phase. Pho soup is my favourite. Yum.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can make a mean lasagna and some yummy eggrolls with fried rice....thats about the extent of my ethnic cooking
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• For me my fav is Mexican. I think I could eat it on a daily basis. My ex MIL taught me how to cook it as she was from Mexico. A lot of the dishes take time to do correctly. My fav dish is chili rellanos and I make it from scratch, starting with roasting my pasilla peppers. There is a batter to make and stuffing your peppers with cheese. You then dip in your batter and fry until batter is browned and cheese is melted. Takes
    time but oh so worth it!
    thismamacooks

Comment by thismamacooks (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I can make a lot of Italian food like various pastas and pizzas, polenta, risotto, etc. I also can make pretty decent lumpia and pancit.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010